Standard CPAP vs. Automatic CPAP
Standard CPAP is commonly used and is often the preferred mode by sleep physicians.
Auto-titration CPAP may have some advantages with comfort but does not offer a better quality of therapy.
• Often a lower cost compared to Auto CPAP machines.
• May be recommended by your doctor. Quality of therapy may be slightly better than Auto CPAP.
• Doesn't adjust for changing patient weight or varying severity due to medications or alcohol intake.
• Usually provides higher mean airway pressure.
• Almost always a lower mean airway pressure.
• Often more comfortable for those that require higher pressures for a portion of the night.
• Easier to humidify due to lower mean pressures.
• Mask leak may be less due to lower mean pressures.